Hey everyone! Today is the Statewide GENDA Call in Day! Basically what you do, is go to the link I’m posting, find which Senator is in charge of your district of NY, and then give them a call to advocate for the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA)!
I just called Senator Steve Saland & spoke to one of his staff. Please..if you believe that transgender and gender non-conforming people deserve to have their rights protected like everyone else..PLEASE..I urge you to call your senator & urge them to pass this legislation!
Make sure that you call it the Gender Expression Non Discrimination Act. It is Bill No. S.6349.
Helpful talking points:
- All hardworking New Yorkers, including people who are transgender, should have the chance to earn a living and provide for themselves and their families.
- 16 states and the District of Columbia have already passed similar protections.
- Earlier this spring, the New York State Assembly passed GENDA for the fifth time.
- Polling indicated that nearly 80% of New Yorkers agree that civil rights must include their transgender friends and neighbors.
- Almost 60% of New Yorkers are already covered with such protections through non-discrimination ordinances at the county and city level. What we need now is a statewide bill.
PLEASE TUMBLR! BOOST THIS SIGNAL LIKE CRAZY!!